U.S. Technology and Strategy
The Tonkin Gulf Incident and the development of Amphibious Assault Vehicles (AAVs) and SCUBA technology has greatly affected the growth and change of technology in the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps which in turn improved the strategy of the Navy and Marine Corps from solely a direct front line battle approach to utilizing more covert operational tactics; these developments have influenced the history of the world and have inspired the United States' strategy for the future.
Please visit the tabs at the top of the page to explore this website.
Here is a brief overview of each of the tabs:
- HISTORY: explains the history and background of each topic to be covered.
- TECHNOLOGY: develops the idea of technology and strategy used in today's Navy.
- STRATEGY: discusses the direct results of the changes brought by the topics.
- GALLERY: displays pictures of interest throughout the website and of the topics.
- QUIZ: offers a chance to test what knowledge has been gained through this website.
- CONTACT: a mail form available to email the webmasters any questions or concerns.
- SOURCES: gives a list of the sources consulted when developing this website.
We hope you enjoy this website!
This site was created by J. Roberts, S. Hernandez, and M. Frazier. Created in conjunction with ENG 1102, a required credit course at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Created in Dr. Cooper's 3 p.m. Tues/Thurs class, Spring 2010. Please visit the CONTACT tab if you have any questions pertaining to this website or the Georgia Institute of Technology English program.
A special thanks to Aaron Hoodin for being our third party editor and Dr. Cooper for teaching this class.